- 2 cups fresh (or 1-14 0z pkg. frozen) raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups non-fat buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Process raspberries in a food processor or blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Press raspberry puree through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a large bowl, discarding solids. Add sugar, buttermilk and vanilla to bowl, and stir until well blended. Pour raspberry mixture into freezer container of a 4-quart ice-cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition/serving: 141 calories; og fat; 1mg cholesterol; 55mg sodium; 32 g carbohydrates (30g sugar); 3g protein
Greek Chicken with Tomatoes, Peppers, Olives, and Feta
For Greek Seasoning, combine and set aside:
- 2 teaspoons of garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons of lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons of dried mint
- 2 teaspoons of oregano
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 teaspoons Greek seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced lengthwise
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded, and sliced lengthwise into strips
- 3 Roma tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 3 tablespoons Kalamato olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
Dredge chicken in flour mixed with 4 teaspoons of Greek seasoning. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add chicken, sautéing for 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
Add onion to skillet and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. add bell pepper and cook another 2 minutes. Return chicken to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes, sprinkling with remaining Greek seasoning. Mix in tomatoes.
Remove from heat, transfer to serving dish, and sprinkle with olives and feta cheese.
Serves 8. Approximate per serving: 210 calories, 9.5 grams of fat.
- 1 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 1 small eggplant, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium summer squash, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 red peppers, cored, seeded, and sliced into 1/2-inch rings
- 2 green peppers, cored, seeded, and sliced into 1/2-inch rings
- 2 yellow peppers, cored, seeded, and sliced into 1/2-inch rings
- 1/2 head fennel, leaves removed, cut into 4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
Toss vegetables with Italian dressing to coat, keeping each type of vegetable separate. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
Skewer vegetables (or cook in grilling basket to prevent small items from falling onto coals or heating element). Grill until tender and lightly browned: 1 to 2 minutes per side for peppers, 2 to 3 minutes per side for eggplant and squashes, and 3 to 4 minutes per side for fennel. Sprinkle with garlic salt while cooking.
Remove from grill and place on a large platter, separating each type of vegetable.
Approximate per serving: 80 calories, 0 grams of fat
From Celebrate: Healthy Eating for Any Occasion. Click here to order.
Use a 13 x 9 baking dish and spray with non-stick coating. Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- 2 cups of cooked rice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded cheese, Mexican blend
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney or chili beans
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- green onions
- sour cream
- Rotel cheese sauce
Mix the egg and cup of cheese into rice and spread into baking dish. Bring the rice up the sides of the dish to form a pie kind of shell in the dish. bake for 30 minutes. It will be crusty on the sides and still soft on the bottom.
While the shell is baking. cook the beef/turkey, drain. Add two cans of diced tomatoes, kidney or chili beans let that simmer. If you like a kick. add cumin and chili or hot sauce to your taste preference.
When the shell is done, pour the meat mixture into the shell. Top with shredded cheese and green onions and bake for about 30-40 minutes until bubbly.
When serving, spoon onto plate, add a dollop of sour cream to the top and drizzle rotel cheese sauce over the top. Serve with tortilla chips.
This is a Weight Watchers recipe and can be altered alot of ways. Approximately 3.5 points per serving. Hope you enjoy it.